Monday 4 May 2015

Books for Learning Japanese

Japanese KanjiOne of the things I've been asked about is what study materials would I recommend so that you are able to go at your own pace. I looked through my old books and I've put together a list of books to learn Japanese that I feel will be very helpful for beginners.



How to learn Japanese

GENKI I

This is the second edition of the first textbook I used to start learning Japanese. In the newest edition, they have changed vocabulary to be more relevant to things you will encounter in day to day life and also now has notes about Japanese culture. It also comes with a CD which contains mp3s of vocabulary pronunciation and lesson dialogs. Overall, I found this series to be very helpful for expanding vocabulary and understanding Japanese grammar. I would also recommend getting the workbook to practice what you learn in each lesson.









Beginner's kanji
This book is very beneficial for learning techniques for reading and writing kanji. It combos together as both a textbook and a workbook, and also helps you to identify different radicals, stroke types, and readings for kanji. Though it only contains 250 simple kanji, it builds an excellent foundation to help you study more kanji from other books. They also offer books to help study hiragana and katakana.











Learn Japanese for beginnersBreakthrough Japanese

The end of studying the Japanese language is to be able to speak it in an understandable manner. Breakthrough Japanese focuses on this point through small lessons based on common experiences of foreigners in Japan. These range from common idioms to essential grammar necessary for understanding and becoming a fluent Japanese speaker.











These books have provided me with lots of help and I'm think they are the perfect books to learn Japanese for beginners. If you practice speaking everyday and try to connect with a native speaker you should make lots of progress.

Happy Studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment